Friday, November 9, 2012

Fun Fridays: "A Pølser on the Lake"

A few years ago a fellow working mother in Nederland, Colorado, came up with the 'Fun Fridays' concept for her sons. It was during the long summer school break (typically 11 weeks) and she was looking for a way to ensure that each week she did something with the boys at the end of her work week: hence Fun Fridays. My son R loved to be invited to join them occasionally on these outings. Typically one week would be a 'free' activity often in the local mountains, and the alternate week would be a $$ outing.

What has this got to do with 'living in Denmark'? Nothing directly, however, I was reminded of FF these past two Fridays, as I have been at home doing the joyous round of "household chores". I have found light relief and actually downright hilarity at the recurring views I get of a one-off phenomenon - a floating "pølser (hot dog) sculpture" on the Pebling Sø.


The Pølser appeared a few weeks ago, and to my continued amazement it is still cruising out on the lake. Honestly slightly more flacid than when I first spied it mid-October, but the red fabric remains vibrant, and the wavy yellow mustard line glows. Really I'm now just waiting for an enterprising Dane to decorate it with fairy lights!

Finally needing a break from cleaning, laundry I took an afternoon walk around the Pebling So lake, camera in hand, chortling my merry way as I admired the sky, the swans, and the temporary resident giant hot dog. Enjoy!


Happy Fun Friday.










1 comment:

  1. First bike seat rain jackets, now floating hot dogs...those Danes really know how to creatively advertise. :)

    What a beautiful lake!

    ReplyDelete